Saturday, August 31, 2013

A little of what we have been up to

Baby-wearing:
This picture makes me look about 1,000 times thinner than I am. They all lied to me: nursing twins has NOT helped me lose weight. I haven't lost a pound since I came home from the hospital! haha! 



 Finally taking our first family photo a month after the twins were born:
Do all those people belong to me?! Please note: that is a skirt I am wearing, not some funky pants, and the lovely girl in pink is our oldest. She is the boy in blue's elder by three and half years. She would want you to know that, since it may not be apparent by the their sizes.)



 More baby wearing (while mowing the lawn):
Yes, there are two babies in that wrap! And yes, that is a reel mower. I really do not like noise so I had my husband get me one. Nice, quiet, easy exercise. 



And the baptism!:
Just a quick rite in our home. The twins are considered high risk for landing back in the hospital with illness until they are three months old, so we are not supposed to take them in public (i.e. church). We will be providing the rest of the right for them sometime in November, but we didn't want them to have to wait that long to become adopted children of God. It was lovely. 

16 comments:

Devin Rose said...

So so beautiful!!!!!

- Devin & Katie

Jen said...

Oh my GOSH are you superwoman or what? First of all, nursing DOES help but not in one month lady! Eat up! You have two babies to feed still! Secondly, I love the babywearing. After you showed us that hilarious Moby video with twins I was wondering how it was going. Thirdly, you mow the lawn? One month postpartum? Wearing twins? Wow. You rock. Lastly, #2 is STILL SO TALL and he always was but I have to admit he is making #1 look shorter, poor sweet thing. :) Love you all! You are amazing! Oh and we love the reel mower but gave it up once we moved. It is so blissfully quiet...and earth friendly :)

Ashley Anderson said...

Don't worry about the weight. You aren't the only one. My postpartum weight virtually fell off of me with my singleton so I was excited to see what nursing twins would be like. To my great shock, the weight is coming off painfully slow. I still have ten lbs to lose and the boys are not quite 3 months old. Just didn't want you to think you're the only one. ;)

Kris said...

LOVE the pictures! LOVE the update! Thank you! You crack me up - that you needed us to know you were wearing a skirt and not funky pants. hahahahaha. So cute. Beautiful family that the Lord has built and entrusted to you both.
Keep sharing updates!

Blessed and Broken said...

"Do all those people belong to me?"

^^^^ LOVE IT! And the dual baby moby lawn mowing. Awesome!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

No more blogging please. YOu're making all of us look bad with your babywearing twin lawn mowing thing. :)

Welcome to the Church boys!

GraceofAdoption said...

So beautiful to see your entire happy family! Can't believe you were moving the lawn, wearing the twins.

Sarah said...

Aww, my twin sister and I were baptized at home too. There is just something special about a home baptism. And WOW... mowing the lawn? While wearing TWO babies??? You put me to shame.

They are soooo cute, and it looks like your older kids are just loving having babies in the house!

barbie said...

You do rock, mowing the lawn wearing two babies! What a beautiful family pic! I just love it!

Julie said...

Love the family picture! I even showed my husband!

I didn't show him the baby wearing lawn mowing pic though...I don't want to look lazy!

Sew said...

Ha! Mowing lawn with 6 kids and 1 mth pp! I think that might classify as pp crazy!!!

Love the funky pants! I did take a double take and think are those funky pants?!? Lol

Precious family!!! You make it look easy!!!

callmemama said...

First of all, 6 kids? Wow. I love it! You look great, and I love the family picture!!!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Lies! I didn't lose anything from nursing either!! But you look great and I LOVE the family pic!!

Diane said...

Are you serious!? This is AMAZING!!!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

I MISSED THE BIRTH!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so overjoyed to see your beautiful boys!!!

But ditto on Kaitlin- you're blogging AND mowing wearing TWINS???? Sheesh!!!!! Superwoman!!

SO happy for you. So so so happy for you.

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

I MISSED THE BIRTH!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so overjoyed to see your beautiful boys!!!

But ditto on Kaitlin- you're blogging AND mowing wearing TWINS???? Sheesh!!!!! Superwoman!!

SO happy for you. So so so happy for you.