Thursday, December 19, 2013

All Hail the iPod



Happy Advent! Merry-Almost-Christmas!

Awhile back our computer died (again). If you are keeping track (which you aren't because that would be weird) that was our seconds computer fail in a year. Long have we desired to be Apple owners, and we have decided that now is the time...we'll not NOW, as in now now (is that how you spell now? It is starting to look weird). No, first we need to save up the money, and until then I am using an iPod that a friend gave us last year as my computer. So there, that was more info than you wanted on our computer ownership woes. I am sparing you more mundane details, though. I could be telling you about how my husband took apart the entire computer and managed to almost fix it himself, except that when they sent him parts they forgot to send him a very important wire, and so he has been trying to call to get them to send it but hasn't been able to get through yet. So at least I spared you that.
Anyway, posting on an iPod is a pain, but taking and adding pictures is so easy. The point is--there is a point--you can now find me on Instagram. Email me and I'll send you my info. I'd give you my ID right now but I can't remember it exactly and I would hate to give you the wrong one and you'd end up looking at some weird pictures thinking they were mine. 
I am really hoping to document our life better this year because if I don't write it down or take a picture I don't remember.
For example, we have this lovely book my mom gave us when we were first married:
And we have used it to chronicle all our Christmastides  but look at last year's entry:

Take a closer look:

Went over to where? We will never know.  And this is my favorite section:
Things we want to remember? Apparently nothing. 

Sure part of last year's problem was that I was knew I was pregnant and I just didn't know what to write there because it was still so early. I was paralyzed by fear, so I put off writing anything, and here I am a year later with nothing written! 

But at least I will have this blog post to remember why I can't remember anything from Christmas 2012. :) I honestly don't know why you are still even reading this. You must be very bored or seriously procrastinating some important task. 

So in short-look for me on Instagram and I, once again, am saying that hopefully I will post more (while blaming everything on a broken computer).

7 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my gracious, I am laughing so hard! What an awesome post. I want to follow you on Instagram except that I don't have an account, but I've been considering changing that for reasons just like this. :) So in other words, tell me your name so when I get one you will be my first follow-ee. (krisquinn3@gmail - you know the rest)

Kris said...

That was Kris Long by the way. :)

Julie said...

You make me laugh! No time for much real blogging but you should follow me on Instagram so you can see boring pics of my life

K said...

I love boring pics! I requested to follow you!

GraceofAdoption said...

I've never seen a book like that before, but what a neat idea. Keep us posted on how you like your Apple computer, my hubby really wants one!

Jen said...

love and miss you guys. never tried instagram but nown I may have to!

callmemama said...

I love the idea of that book! For our first anniversary, I gave my husband a small red leather journal, and every year we've written to each other about that year of married life together. Until last year (year 10). I went to open it up this year for our 11th anniversary, and was like, uh..honey? What happened?!?! Lol. I don't have twin babies or as many kids to blame, but between my mom, my hip, toddler, and Hubby's work being so crazy, we missed it. It drives me NUTS to be missing a year, haha.